Saturday, October 7, 2017

Eating at the Pen-Y-Gwryd

Before starting on the food here, I found this photo I forgot to post. It was on a chalkboard outside a seafood restaurant in Aberystwyth.


As we entered the dining room at the 7:30 gong, the tables were nicely laid out. We each had assigned tables according to our room.


There were two choices for the first course -- smoked salmon or broccoli-blue cheese soup. I had the salmon, shown below. Dan had the soup, which was very good, but not very photogenic.


For the main course, Dan had the chicken, which was a bit like a pot pie -- nice puff pastry on top.


My roast pork with dressing and applesauce was less photogenic, but good.


The side vegetables were beautiful. We also had mashed potatoes.


For dessert, dan had the bread and butter pudding.


And I had the almond tart with cream and berries.


For breakfast, we had the same table. Dan had porridge and boiled eggs.


I had the full Welsh breakfast. The bacon was more like what we call Canadian bacon.


We are not having dinner here tonight; one big meal like that is enough for us for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.