Sunday, January 22, 2017

Just Another Couple of Days in Chiang Mai

My daily routine here includes walking to and from my Tai Chi class, observing various things along the way, a massage or some loafing around in the afternoon, and heading out for dinner in the evening. (We do our own breakfast and a light lunch in our apartment.)

Generally I try to walk on the sidewalks, but it isn't always possible. One of the three 7-11s close by always has scooters parked in front. If I can't squeeze between them, I just walk on the street.


One evening recently we went to the Max Restaurant, which we first found last year. It is only a couple of blocks away. The seating is all outside.


Max is run by a couple, and the wife spends a lot of her time at the front grilling various food items. While we were there I saw a number of people stopping to pick up something for supper. Some took the food cooked, others took it raw, presumably to cook at home. There is bacon wrapped around a green vegetable of some kind, sausages, and a few other things I couldn't easily identify.


One of the places we've been to a number of times in the past two years is Spoon de Best, just inside the Old City. I have no idea where the name came from.


We had delicious spring rolls to start, then I had the Pad Thai with shrimp. Instead of the egg being cooked into the noodles, it was like a piece of egg lace on top.


Dan had a Penang Curry fish dish that was very good.


They were doing some work on the moat near Chiang Mai Gate this week. When I first saw it, there was a man standing on the raft poling it to the side. 


In the evening as we walked toward the restaurants, we saw this pickup truck loaded up with scooters being delivered to the very large dealership in front of the Noble House Hotel. They had already unloaded three bikes when we got there. I think they had about a dozen crammed onto it, quite amazing.


The men who were unloading it saw me taking a picture, and quickly got up on the truck so they could be in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.