Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Autumn Equinox

Early in the morning as I was waking, I heard thunder. It is traditional here in the mountains to expect storms on the equinoxes. It has happened almost every time I've been here during one, from 1968 to now. There was a bit of rain in the morning, but not very much. Then in the early afternoon it let loose, with lots of thunder and a heavy downpour. It didn't last too long.

A little girl was playing with a tricycle in the Quad, holding her umbrella over her.



In the late afternoon, I joined a group of crafters. Everyone was knitting. Maria from Indonesia is a beginner; Sue has done some knitting before, and Judy has knit quite a lot. She has been helping the others. I worked on some socks, which I've just learned to do two at a time on one long circular needle.



We are back to our simple soup and grilled cheese sandwich supper. We'll be alternating with having dinner in the dining room. The food has improved a lot and there is quite a good variety of choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.