Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Day in the Far North

I didn't post anything from Friday, but I wanted to show you my dinner. We went back to Spoon de Best, just inside the old city, not a far walk from our place. I ordered Pad Thai, which was different than any we've ever seen. Instead of mixing the ingredients of noodles, vegetables, shrimp, egg, bean sprouts and peanuts, it was served as you see below. And cashews instead of peanuts. The noodles were enfolded in the thin omelet.



Chiang Mai is in the northern part of Thailand, but there is another area north of us that goes all the way to the border. It is Chiang Rai. The area has lots to offer, including several gorgeous national parks. We were interested in seeing the area and signed up for a day-long tour. We were in a 15-passenger van, with a driver, guide, and 13 tourists from Spain, Taiwan, UK, USA, and Sweden, and we started off about 7:15 AM.

Unfortunately, the internet is slow today (Sunday) and I can't get any more pictures uploaded. I'll keep trying, so check back in 12 to 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.