Saturday, January 10, 2015

100% Chance of Rain

...and the weather forecast was right! It rained most of the night and all day Friday. There were short periods when it was lighter, but it was pretty steady most of the day, although never extremely heavy. The temperatures were in the 70s, so it was quite comfortable. I managed my walk to Tai Chi with an umbrella in one hand and a walking stick in the other. [I've been using my sticks most of the time when I'm out because of the uneven sidewalks and roads.] My pants legs got pretty damp, especially on the way back when a car drove close by me and splashed. I stopped at the Tesco to get some chips for lunch and got a nice papaya from one of the fruit vendors sitting outside. They are always there, so we only need to buy enough for the day ahead.

I stayed in the rest of the day, reading, knitting, fooling around on the iPad. Very relaxed! Dan went off to a tailor for a fitting on a shirt he has ordered. We did go out for supper, back to Spoon de Best (don't you love that name?). It is one of the closer places, although not the closest. It rained steadily and there were lots of puddles.

We ordered two fish dishes, both small pieces that were battered and fried. Rice on the side is a given.

Pineapple-orange smoothie with grape garnish (not black olives!)

Fish with vegetables in sweet and sour sauce

Fish in coconut curry sauce

It's Saturday already again and it will be interesting to see how much of the Saturday Walking Market is set up. I believe the forecast is 70% rain, but I don't know how or when that will arrive. The sky is heavy with clouds this morning, but it didn't rain much overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.