Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Daily Routine

We have settled into our routine. I work in the Alumni Office (now called Community Engagement Office) from about 8:30 to 4:30. Dan is helping with a few of the string-related sessions, maybe an hour a day. He enjoys walking out to Second Jabarkhet for mid-morning tea and elsewhere around the Hillside. He does almost all of our grocery shopping.

I am doing research for the next volume of the Woodstock School History. Today I went through about 30 yearbooks trying to get exact dates of service for various administrators. It's quite interesting! Through the years classes have tried to be innovative in how they design their yearbooks, sometimes resulting in making it difficult to find actual information.

I am making a point of taking a walk before I have lunch each day. I walk about 15 minutes east from school on Tehri Road, then turn and come back. It is a slight uphill on the way out, so I prefer that to heading downhill first. It's enjoyable to see different things along the way, so here are a few:

Butterfly sitting on the road

Closeup of growth on the khud (vertical side of road)

New manhole
I asked about these manholes along the road part of the way to Hanifl Centre. Evidently there are sewer tanks installed underground, but no one knows of any homes being hooked up to them. It really chewed up the road.

Mussoorie 2 kilometers (not sure what 52 is)

Blacktop on road washed away, nasty holes about 3 inches deep

We are back to our usual routine of soup mix and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. This new Gouda cheese from Amul is pretty good.


I have some soup mixes I brought from the states for variety, but we tried this local one last night and it was quite good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.