Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Craftiness

On Monday evenings a small group of Woodstock staff gather to work on sewing and craft projects. I've attended with my knitting several times during the past few visits. We meet at various staff homes. The host provides a light supper, usually soup and bread. There are quilters, knitters, and other crafters. Last year one of the single male teachers made stuffed animals of all kinds for his advisor group before he left. I saw him create a dinosaur by cutting fabric pieces freehand and stuffing them. Pretty impressive.

Last night we were at the Criders'. Their home is the first one heading east on Tehri Road from the school back gate. Here is a shot of us enjoying our soup in lovely mugs.


After the supper was finished, we pulled out our various projects. Sue is working on a baby quilt. Her portable PVC pipe quilting frame comes apart for transport. Lindy is a Landour Language School student from Australia. She is working on a patchwork teddy bear.


I am working on the sleeves of the magenta sweater. Here is the body, which is actually less purple than this photo shows. It seems like I have a project that perfectly fits the amount of time I have left. The only issue is that I will have lots of yarn left over, but it is always good for something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.