Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monsoon

Sunday morning we awoke to one of the best sights of the monsoon season – a clear sky and bright sunshine. It lasted until about 10:30, when the mists began to roll in again. Our place has been sitting empty for a while so is a bit musty. It will be good once the rains are finished and we can open it up to the outside air. I did a little handwashing of quick-dry items Sunday morning and they were still slightly damp Tuesday morning.

The monsoon is probably the most beautiful time of the year in Mussoorie. Everything is green: paths are overgrown with vegetation, trees have ferns growing out of their trunks, and flowers are blooming (hydrangeas and cosmos are the ones I recognize). The end of the monsoon is heralded by the ferns turning brown on the edges, and that seems to have already begun. The temperature fluctuates, but is mostly comfortable. When I wear a sweater in the morning, I will take it off and put it back on numerous times throughout the day. The evenings are cool in our cabin.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope you will cover the Mumby gym dedication. This blog world with photos is just so delightful to ride along on another's trip and delight in what you can see. Mr. Goel was so much a part of our family's life at Claremont. I am told that living in the hils actually extends your life. He appears to be a living example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marlin -- yes, I will certainly cover the Gym Dedication this Friday. Everyone here is excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne! I found your blog through Bill Kinzie...I do love new blog friends. :) (I sat next to you at lunch today and talked about music/your switch to IT!). Hope you're re-settling in allright, I look forward to getting to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interessting. Tks for sharing your trip.
    Larry K.

    ReplyDelete

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.