Monday, September 28, 2009

Chips


I don't know if you can see it clearly here, but all the potato chip and snack products that are in sealed bags swell up here. The high altitude (6500-7000 feet) affects the air pressure and the bags look like they are almost bursting. It looks funny when you first see it.

Yes, Lay's is here, along with other brands. A popular flavor of Lay's is "India's Magic Masala." Kurkure are cheese doodles with added spices. Recently I've seen "Hippo" brand chips, which advertise themselves as baked, not fried. What we call crackers in the U.S., I guess.

There is no lack of snack food here. Another one we like is called "Cracker Nuts," and they are peanuts coated with a kind of pakora batter and fried (I'm sure). Very tasty! And of course the very best are the samosas freshly made from a sweet shop, not packed in sealed bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.